Ferocious Beard Company wants you to know that if you are depressed, suicidal, have a mental illness, or know somebody that is, help is available 24 hours per day. DON'T GIVE UP!
Here are some Signs of Crisis that require immediate attention (courtesy of Veterans Crisis Line):
- Thinking about hurting or killing yourself
- Looking for ways to kill yourself
- Talking about death, dying or suicide
- Self-destructive behavior such as drug abuse, risky use of weapons, etc.
Potential Warning Signs (courtesy of Veterans Crisis Line):
- Appearing sad or depressed most of the time
- Anxiety, agitation, sleeplessness or mood swings
- Feeling as if there is no reason to live
- Feeling excessive guilt, shame, or sense of failure
- Rage or anger
- Engaging in risky activities without thinking
- Increased alcohol or drug misuse
- Losing interest in hobbies, work or school
- Neglecting personal welfare or appearance
- Withdrawing from family and friends
- Showing violent behavior like punching a hole in the wall or getting into fights
- Giving away prized possessions
- Getting affairs in order, tying up loose ends or writing a will
Resources (Government or Non-Profit)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline | 800-273-TALK (8255) (or dial 988) The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a national network of local crisis centers that provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in the United States. We're committed to improving crisis services and advancing suicide prevention by empowering individuals, advancing professional best practices, and building awareness.
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention | 800-273-TALK (8255) (or text TALK to 741741) Whether you have struggled with suicide yourself or have lost a loved one, know you are not alone. Hear about personal experiences from people in your local community whose lives have been impacted by suicide.
- National Institute of Mental Health | 800-273-TALK (8255) Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (Lifeline) at 1-800-273-TALK (8255), or text the Crisis Text Line (text HELLO to 741741). Both services are free and available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. All calls are confidential. Contact social media outlets directly if you are concerned about a friend’s social media updates or dial 911 in an emergency.=
- Veterans Crisis Line | 800-273-TALK (8255) Press 1 or Chat Online or Text 838255. 24/7 Access Free Confidential support 365 days per year. Connect with a real person qualified to support Veterans. The Veterans Crisis Line serves Veterans, Service Members, National Guard & Reserve Members, and those who support them.
- The TREVOR Project: Supporting LGBTQ,Transgender & Nonbinary Youth. You deserve a welcoming, loving world, and so do the people you care about. Here you can reach out to a counselor if you're struggling, find answers and information, and get the tools you need to help someone else. Visit TrevorSpace to connect with an affirming international communirty for LGBTQ young people.
Additional Resources (*For Profit Companies. Ferocious Beard Company does not endorse these businesses nor do we have a business relationship with these companies.)
- Social Media Victims Law Center* | 206-741-4862 Teen suicide has risen dramatically over the past decade. Some researchers have found a correlation between social media use and the risk of suicide, but there are many factors at play. We have put together an in-depth guide about the link between social media use and suicide as well as how you can assist a friend or child if you think they are suicidal.
Please notify Ferocious Beard Company if you have a resource that we can review to to include on our site.